Trainings of Trainers. Frequently asked questions
1. Who can participate in the MTP project Training of Trainers (ToT) programme?
Following specialists are eligible to apply to particicpate in ToT programme:
- Staff members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Uzbekistan (CCIU) and Training Centers under CCIU;
- Trainers and consultants from Business Support Organizations (BSOs);
- Academic specialists;
- Trainers and consultants from private sector;
- Freelance trainers and consultants.
2. Is the ToT programme designed only for citizens of Uzbekistan?
Yes, all the applicants for participation in the program should have Uzbekistan citizenship.
3. What are the eligibility criteria for applicants?
- Higher education degree (minimum Bachelor’s degree), preferably in Business, Economics, or related social sciences;
- Good communication and social skills;
- Proficiency in Russian and Uzbek (both spoken and written), knowledge of English is preferred;
- Computer literacy, including MS Office packages (especially PowerPoint);
- Minimum 10 years of general working experience, out which minimum 3 years should be in provision of trainings in management, exports promotion, business development, or consultancy in related fields. Work experience in any of the following fields is preferred: Human resource development, small business development, rural development, business development services, internships, management training, value chain creation;
- Special experience in professional trainings is preferred;
- Work experience in technical assistance projects in Uzbekistan or/and in other countries is an advantage.
4. What is the maximum age limit?
There is no limitation to age, however, the applicant should have minimum work experience indicated in the eligibility criteria for applicants.
5. When does the application process begin?
The application process for ToT programme begins on 15 March 2014 and the last day for acceptance of applications is 31 March 2014. The information about the beginning of application process will be widely announced in mass media, including TV, radio, newspapers and web sites. The potential applicants are also advised to check the MTP web site as first reference point for any news about the application process.
6. How can I apply for participation in the ToT programme when the application process begins?
The applications from the candidates will be accepted through a web based application form at MTP web site. In order to apply, the applicants should:
- Fill in the online application form at www.mtpeu.uz and send by email the second requested file with educational and working experience details;
- Prepare and send a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (and a copy to email@example.com ). The motivation letter should include information about the knowledge of the applicant on current challenges SMEs facing in Uzbekistan, understanding the needed improvements for business infrastructure for supporting SMEs in the country, as well as applicant’s goals for participation in the programme
- Shortlisted candidates based on the applications will be invited for following evaluation stage.
7. How many people will be selected to participate in the ToTs?
Initially MTP project did not plan to set a certain number of trainees, and therefore planned to have three cycles of ToTs. However, due to a limited number of applications MTP decided to arrange two cycles of ToT.
8. If I am selected, when does the training start?
The first cycle of training is planned to be organized during the summer of 2014.
9. What is the duration of the training?
The training programme of the first cycle is expected to be one week.
10. I have some additional questions for which I couldn’t find answers. Whom I can refer to address them?
Please, contact us through the phone and email addresses provided in the contacts section of the web site for any additional questions you have.